So, I took some time off to think. I started this blog with the idea that I would do what I saw every other fashion blogger doing and share my fashion and beauty inspiration with the world. It seemed simple, right? It wasn’t long before I realized that most of the fashion bloggers that I follow look like this
and are willing and able to wear leggings as pants. I am personally willing to jump on board with this concept, I’m just not sure that I can let all the cellulite hang out in that way and still maintain my dignity.
You see, I am a 37-year-old mother of two teenagers that has lived some life and more closely aligns with this
While I am fascinated by these young girls and their perfectly toned derrieres, I am on the downhill side to 40 and I want to embrace the process of aging gracefully. So, I have decided to focus my blogging efforts on those of us that are a little older, a little saggier, and, I would like to think, a little wiser. So what does that mean for you?
Perhaps I should start with a list of what you will NOT see on this site:
- Reviews of baby products, sleep schedule discussions, or anything pertaining to diapers. Been there, done that and I’m pretty sure that any product or method I used for my baby 16 years ago has been declared unsafe for today’s snowflake babies. Now, if you’re in the market for a tracking device for your teenager, we can talk.
- Any outfit in which bralessness is a requirement. Because after 37 years and two children, these DD’s need support. I can get very creative with a low back situation, but there will always be some sort of support for the girls.
- Me plane-hopping to a different continent each week. While I do enjoy a healthy amount of travel, for the most part my life must be lived in Dallas. Unfortunately, the state of Texas is pretty serious about my children attending school on the regular, thus ruining my plans to galavant across the globe. Party poopers.
- Head to toe designer outfits. Because the aforementioned teenagers will be graduating very soon and my designer clothing budget must be balanced with their higher learning budget. We can do hard things.
So, what can you expect to see and hear from me?
- Advice about how to maximize your best features and how to style yourself for any occasion. I truly believe that knowledge is power and once you have the knowledge on how to put a great outfit together, it will become a no-brainer for you!
- Inspiration for all body types and women from all walks of life. I love trying new trends and experimenting with fashion, but I also understand that not every look works for every person. Some women work in the corporate world and need fashion inspiration that is polished and professional. Some women stay-at-home with their children and need clothing advice that is practical and comfortable. I will strive to provide inspiration for the many different roles that we as women play and show you how to make them work for your specific life situation.
- Affordable fashion mixed with the occasional investment piece. Because nothing is more depressing than loving someone’s outfit, following the link to their blog and finding out the look costs more than your monthly mortgage.
So, that’s it.
My manifesto. A new direction, a new perspective and an entirely authentic me. Occupying this space on the interwebs to help you find the authentic expression of yourself through beauty and fashion. I hope you find something that speaks to you and that you will share your thoughts with me in the comments.
All the ❤︎,