As a self-professed makeup junkie, I have rotated to through an enormous number of products in the last three decades of my life. I talk about my favorite makeup a lot, but one of the questions that I get asked most often is how to extend the longevity of makeup products. I love this question, because it is one that I have researched extensively and one that I finally know the answer to!! The key is priming, formulas, and setting. Prime your skin first with a base layer that your creams and powders will stick to without creasing or smudging. Next, use a long-lasting formula that is designed to go the distance with you all day. And, finally, lock it all down with setting powders! Read on for my favorite formulas and all my application techniques!
1. Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer- Priming is the first step to keeping your makeup in place all day. I have oily skin, so I prefer this lightweight, silky primer by Hourglass that controls shine without feeling heavy. It minimizes redness and smooths pores, creating an ideal canvas for your makeup
2.Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden- Hands down, one of my favorite makeup products, EVER! This stuff is amazing and it creates the perfect base for even eyeshadow application by canceling out any redness or imperfections. It also locks in your eyeshadow to prevent creasing or smudging!
3. Kat Von D Shade & Light Palette- After I have applied my eyeshadow primer I use one of the two lightest shades in this palette all over the lid to set the primer in place. This makes it easier to blend my eyeshadow colors and prevents any streaking.
4. Zoeva 142 Concealer Buffer- Zoeva makes my absolute favorite brushes! One of the biggest lessons that I have learned about makeup is that it is less about the quality of your products and more about the quality of your brushes! If you can only afford to invest in one thing, make it high quality brushes! I use this one to softly buff the light colored shadow all over the lid after my primer.
5. Lancome Teint Idole 24H Longwear Foundation- This foundation was recommended to me by my dermatologist for sensitive skin and it quickly became my favorite foundation that I have ever used. I absolutely love how light it feels on the skin and the fact that it has buildable coverage, depending upon how much I need on any given day. I have recommended this to family and friends and it has been a unanimous favorite!
6. Beautyblender- In my opinion, the Beautyblender is the best way to apply your foundation. After getting it damp, I use it to pat my foundation all over my face, building the coverage as I go. The Beautyblender softly diffuses liquid foundation, ensuring that it never looks heavy or cakey.
7. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer- This is my favorite concealer for the under eye area because it blends so beautifully and doesn’t crease in my fine lines!
8. Zoeva 105 Luxe Highlighting Brush- The domed shape of this brush is perfect for setting the curved under eye area with powder after your concealer is applied.
9. Laura Mericer Translucent Setting Powder- This powder is perfect for setting the under eye concealer. It is finely milled and is completely translucent, so it gives a beautiful natural finish.
10. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural- This powder does have a bit of color to it, which I love for setting my foundation. It locks foundation in place to ensure your makeup lasts all day! It is also great for touch-ups throughout the day.
11. Zoeva 101 Luxe Face Definer Brush- The perfect large fluffy brush for setting your foundation with powder!
Here are a few of my other favorite makeup posts:
All the ❤︎,