It’s Friday which means that I’m discussing my one true love in life; makeup. I love clothes and fashion, but my true passion is in the aisles of potions, creams, and gels at Sephora. I love trying out aaallll the makeup, experimenting with different colors, and binging on Lisa Eldridge and Kandee Johnson Youtube videos in my free time. So, is it any surprise that I like to wear a full face of makeup almost every day? It just makes me happy. If you share this feeling or are just looking for product recommendations from someone who has tried it all and found the winners, this is for you!
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion– My daughter actually found this primer and to say I am obsessed is an understatement. It is a tinted primer to be used under your eyeshadow and it seriously locks your makeup in for all day, smudge-proof wear. It comes with a handy little applicator tip and I just put a little on the center of my eyelid and then smooth it on with my finger. I love that it erases any trace of redness on my eyelids so my eyeshadow color stays true to the color in the palette.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette– I *might* have a slight hoarding problem when it comes to eyeshadow palettes. When I see all the rich colors laid out so beautifully in pretty packaging, I am just unable to resist. But, this happens to be one of my favorites for everyday wear because the soft colors are mostly matte and it blends beautifully.
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner– This is my go-to eyeliner because I love the precise applicator tip, the blackest black pigmentation, and the fact that it never moves throughout the entire day! You can read more about my tips with liquid eyeliner in my post, Top 5 Liquid Eyeliners.
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara– I really love the formula of this mascara. It is not goopy like some mascaras and it coats the lashes completely without too many swipes. The brush is dense and grabs on to all of my lashes making my job a little easier.
- Benefit High Brow Glow Highlighter– I actually use this in my waterline to brighten up my eyes and erase any redness. It is a nice neutral peach color that will make your eyes look bigger and whiter!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade– You could say that I am a victim of the over-plucking brow trend of the 90s. It is a seriously sad 1st world problem and I basically have no hair left on the inner portion of my eyebrows. I rode the struggle bus for many years while learning how to create fake eyebrows and it was a really tragic evolution. BUT, I have finally figured it out and this product is the one that has made the difference for me. I use a very thin angled brush and draw on small hair-like strokes until it looks like I actually have eyebrows again and this formula will stay all day.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel– After I get my brows filled in to an acceptable level, I always like to set them with this clear brow gel. I have brows that grow every which way, so this keeps them looking groomed and uniform.
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear– I have cycled through so many different foundations (Clinique, Estee Lauder, Makeup Forever, Tarte, MAC), but this is by far my favorite one. It is non-comedogenic, so it won’t clog pores and cause breakouts and it has a beautiful, buildable finish. I use a damp Beauty Blender to apply it all over my face and it lasts for hours without separating, which is quite a feat on my oily skin!
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer– After I finish my foundation, I apply this concealer under my eyes. I don’t like a super highlighted under eye area, so I mainly just stick to the dark circles directly under my eye. I use the applicator to draw a couple of thin lines of product and then use my Beauty Blender to blend it all out.
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder– This powder is perfect for setting concealer under the eyes because it is super fine and completely colorless, so you won’t end up with ghost skin. I use a soft brush to carefully tap this powder in place so that I don’t pull the concealer out of place.
- MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural– This baked powder has just the right amount of pigment to set your foundation without looking heavy or cakey. I sweep this all over my face after my under eye concealer is set and I love the satin finish and extra bit of coverage that it provides. It is also my go-to product for touch-ups throughout the day.
- Kat Von D Shade and Light Palette- As someone with oily skin, I prefer a powder formula for highlighting and contouring my face. I find when I use a cream formula I start to look very overdone as my makeup sits on the skin for a few hours. This Kat Von D palette is the holy grail of highlighting/contouring because the shade range allows you to blend different colors together to perfectly match your skin tone and there is absolutely no sparkle! My oily skinned girls will understand why sparkle all over the face is not cute! I keep the contouring pretty simple by sweeping a dark shade under my cheekbones, around the top of my forehead, on my chin and jawline and down the sides of my nose. I use the lighter shade down the center of the nose and in the center of my forehead.
- MAC Powder Blush– In my opinion, MAC makes the best blush on the market. The colors are extremely natural and the pigment requires only a small sweep of the product. This blush blends beautifully and it is available in 42 colors, so there is literally something for everyone!!
- Diorskin Nude Air Luminizer Powder– I have many highlighters that I use and like, but this is the one that I have been using most often lately. It comes in 4 different colors so you can choose if you like your highlighter to have more of a golden or pink hue. I use this very sparingly, dotting a little on my cupid’s bow, in the inner corners of my eyes, and right under the brow bone. That’s it. At 37, I don’t want to look like an over-decorated Christmas tree😂
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick– If you take only one thing away from this post, MAKE IT THIS ONE!! This is the holy grail, be-all-and-end-all of liquid lipsticks and it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! Can you tell how passionate I am about this product? I have tried several brands of liquid lipstick (Anastasia Beverly Hills, Tarte, Colourpop) and none of them hold a candle to Kat Von D’s formula. It is the perfect long-wearing formula that will last through eating and drinking, but is never too dry. The applicator tip is easy to use and I don’t even need to line my lips when I use this, because I can get such a precise line with the product itself. Ludwig is my favorite everyday shade!
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Luminous Modern-Matte Lipstick– I like to layer this over the top of my Kat Von D liquid lipstick for an extra layer of staying power. Charlotte Tilbury makes the silkiest lipstick formulas and Pillow Talk is my favorite shade!
- Clinique “Chubby Stick Intense” Moisturizing Lip Color Balm– I like to use this for a quick swipe of color when my lips start to feel a little dry throughout the day. These colors are sheer and easy to glide on for a little bit of shine!